We all know that Shahrukh Khan is the Richest Indian celebrity ,The Biggest Superstar and the King of Bollywood .The Superstar who lived the inspiring journey from Rs.1500 to Rs.3500 Crore. He has been inspiring billions of people through his hard Work , Passion and Enthusiasm.
But on discerning the Honors and the envious Recognition which SRK holds and that how crazy Hollywood’s greatest celebrities are , about King Khan , it has been proved that He’s the Global King as well . FORBES, BBC and TIMES have already printed about this fact.
How much ever the haters may delude but they’ve to accept this .
Here’s what Hollywood Stars have to say about Baadshah (The King) of Bollywood .
1 . ” Shahrukh Khan is The God ” – Hugh Jackman ( The Wolverine )
4. ” I am a huge fan of Shahrukh Khan.He is truly an inspiration to me.He is a charmer.He is the epitome of romance.If given a chance, he would be the one with whom i would love to do the second part of my movie Breaking Dawn ” — Kristen Stewart
6. ” I love Shahrukh Khan and DDLJ is the only Bollywood movie among my top favourite movies ! ” — Robert Patttinson
8. ” SRK is an incredible & amazing guy. The hospitality I’ve received here couldn’t match anybody . He’s a sweet person and a great soul ” — AKON
9.” I am a big fan of Shahrukh Khan.I would like to work in a bollywood movie with him.He is definitely an epitome of style and class ! ”
SOME STUPENDOUS AND OUTSTANDING HONORS FOR SRK : (Source: Wikipedia )
- 1997 – Best Indian Citizen Award
- 2002 – Rajiv Gandhi Award for Excellence in the Field of Entertainment
- 2005 – Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian award from the Government of India
- 2009 – Among the 10 recipients of the IIFA–FICCI Frames Awards for the “Most Powerful Entertainer of the Decade
International recognitions and Honors : (Year wise)
- 2003 – A rare species of orchid, Ascocenda , Shah Rukh Khan, was named after him in Singapore.
- 2004 – Time magazine selected him as one of 20 “Asian Heroes” under the age of 40 and was featured on the magazine’s cover.
- 2004 – British Asian Guild Award for Best Actor of the Decade
- 2005 – He was featured on the cover of the Asian edition of the National geographic magazine twice, February’s issue .
- 2007 – He was awarded the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Order of the Arts and Literature) by the French government for his “exceptional career”.
- 2007 – His lifelike wax statue was installed in London’s Madame tussaud’s wax museum. Additional versions were installed at Madame Tussauds museums in Los Angeles, Hong Kong, and New York in 2010.
- 2007 – Another lifelike wax statue was displayed in Grévin museum in Paris, along with that of Gandhi, the only other Indian to receive a similar honor.
- 2008 – He was conferred the Darjah Mulia Seri Melaka, which carries the honorific Datuk, by the Yang di-Pertua Negeri Tun Mohd Khalil Yaakob, head of state of Malacca in Malaysia, for “promoting tourism in Malacca” by filming One 2 Ka 4 there in 2001.
- 2008 – Newsweek named him one of the 50 most powerful people in the world, ranking him at number 41. He was the only artist and the only movie-star in the list. Newsweeksubtitled his article as “The king of Bollywood is opening minds in some closed-off cultures” and noted, “Who is the world’s biggest movie star? Brad? Will? Nah. His name is Shahrukh Khan, and he’s the king of Bollywood.”
- 2009 – He was invited to present the motion picture Slumdog Millionaire at the 66th Golden Globe Awards. No Indian actor had previously been invited to present at the Golden Globe Awards.
- 2009 – Great Britain’s University of Bedfordshire awarded him an honorary doctorate in arts and culture.
- 2009 – He was given a Black Belt Honorary in taekwondo by the South Korean government.
- 2009 – He was declared amongst the 500 most influential Muslims worldwide by Georgetown University.
- 2010 – Was invited by NASDAQ, the world’s biggest stock exchange, to ring their opening bell in New York, along with Kajol, for the promotion of My Name Is Khan, thus become the first Indian actors to open the market, an honour usually reserved for CEOs of major corporations.
- 2010 – He was recognized as an icon of religious unity by experts from around the world at a conference at Vienna University.
- 2010 – He became the first Indian actor to be given the rare honour of signing the guest book at Berlin’s Town Hall.
- 2010 – Entertainment Weekly states in their Most Powerful List that Khan is the “megastar” of Bollywood.
- 2011 – He became the first Bollywood actor to be featured on the cover page of Los Angeles Times Calendar section. Shahrukh’s films My Name Is Khan and the recently released film Ra.One have been noticed and appreciated by the American media outlet.
- 2011 – He was honored with the Unesco Pyramide con Marni award for his charity engagements and social commitment towards providing education for kids. Shah Rukh is the first Indian to win this accolade.
- 2011 – He was honored with L’Etoile d’Or by Mohammed VI of Morocco the King of Morocco during Eleventh International Film Festival of Marrakech. Shah Rukh is the first Indian to receive the honor.
- 2012 – Khan became the first Bollywood personality to be honoured with the prestigious Chubb fellowship at Yale University.
- 2012 – He was honoured with the prestigious Brand Laureate Legendary Award for his unmatched contribution to the Indian Cinema and also for being India’s foremost brand ambassador in Malaysia.
- 2012 – He was conferred with one of Morocco’s highest honours (a rare state honour, Wissame Al Kafaa Al Fikria (award of intellectual merit)) while attending the 12th International Film Festival of Marrakech by Prince Moulay Rachid.
- 2013 – Appointed as goodwill ambassador by the government of South Korea.
- 2014 – Recognized as World’s Second Richest Actor.
- 2014 – Awarded with Legion of Honour, France’s highest civilian award, on July 1
- 2014 – Appointed as an ambassador for Interpol‘s Turn Back Crime campaign.
- 2014 – Honoured with Global Diversity Award at the State Room of Britain’s House of Commons
- 2015 – Award for Outstanding Contribution to Cinema in Asian Awads
- 2015 – Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation Award for Outstanding Contribution to Indian Cinema
Do I need to say/prove more ?
Come On , Let’s give a Loud shout ” You’re the Best …The Biggest and the Greatest Superstar ever been ! ”
A true Inspiration ! Proud to be an SRKian (Read SRK-Holic)